A Connection in History

A Connection in History
At the Corcoran Gallery of Art

Friday, December 3, 2010

It's 3:27 AM

A cup of tea in hand ... and a thought or two ..

Father Norm Douglas completed an Advent lecture at St. Hilary's .. some appealing thoughts
about forgiveness ... well suited to the sensibilities of his audience ...

When all around me all that I have believed in has either been destroyed or is under
attack ... I have to keep moving.

As I emailed my daughter - all I ask "Veritas spoken in civil communication." But will I ever know the "truth"?

Observations from the day ... from the spiritual offered in the evening hours ... to information about
our federal tax dollars at work, locally. I cringe at how much money is being spent.

It is still the basic question "what do we really need from our government?"

There is a surliness to humans these days - but I will not be brought into the depths of despair.

I think the value of this Blog exercise is in our personal observations about society. A moment of consciousness raising.

For me - it's about the spiritual winds - The Winds of the Trinity -

Where am I being moved in my life? And how does that impact others?

A single pebble upon the pond ... as I would preach to my children - we are not the center of the universe and our mission is to reach out.

I know of one person who heard that  -and instead of reaching out - she got out!

Ugh!

I'll retreat back to the basement room - surrounded by my books - one in particular - Eric Metaxes' book about Dietrich Bonhoeffer.

I weep at the insensitivity of a human population - and am reminded - as I read the book - of a comment offered by an Army psychiatrist at the Nuremberg Trials - "Evil, I think, is the absence of empathy."

And so it is  - a stream of consciousness for one brief moment in time. Good Night, World!

No comments:

Post a Comment